This elegant structure, once completely decorated with frescoes, was used by nobles to get sunshine and to shelter themselves from the wind. There are records that indicate that in 1763 it was seen by the Bishop of Perugia, count Amadei during a pastoral visit to the nearby parish of Pieve Pagliaccia and that he praised the three exceptionally beautiful altars and the delicate and refined interior fresco paintings. In 1875 the entire property was acquired by Francesco Simonetti and his wife Stella Luporini who made it their family home. Along with their children they expanded the agricultural output and renovated the villa. The Church, which remained as a private chapel, was always open for public worship. Giovanni Simonetti,the sole heir, founded in 1915 one of the first tomato preserve companies in Italy while his wife Jolanda took great care of the park and the cultivation of the mulberry-trees for silk production. The Hotel room of her name was used during the winter to give shelter from frost to the lemon trees. In 1985, one of the nephew heirs to the estate, Giancarlo Simonetti, a wood entrepreneur, (all parquet floors in the Hotel come from his Company) had the bold and ingenious idea of transforming the elegant and artistically rich villa and the surrounding buildings into a Relais (Country Inn) which he called San Clemente precisely because it was coupled with the spacious and artistically endowed Church of the same name. The Relais San Clemente was inaugurated on 25 April 1990. Today, Carlo, the Simonetti's youngest grand-nephew, welcomes the Relais guests on behalf of his Family.